The PCE Hydraulic Elevator Softstarter and PCEC Panel Solutions are designed to simplify installation, set-up, and typical operation of motors that drive hydraulic elevators and escalators. This solid state starter solution is designed to operate 3 phase standard squirrel cage induction motors and can be connected to a 6 or 12 lead Wye-Delta (Star-Delta) or standard 3 or 9 lead motors. Through the use of LINE or INSIDE-THE-DELTA control, the solid state solution can provide ultimate control of the motor.
The advantages of a solid state solution include the following:
Provides smooth motor starting
- Decreases current surges on weak electrical systems
- Reduced starting torque of the motor helps to reduce mechanical stress on system components
- Helps meet both local and regional electrical codes when reduced voltage starting is a requirement
- Eliminates voltage and current spikes associated with traditional Wye-Delta (Star-Delta) starters
- Maximizes motor life due to reduced electrical strain
- Lowers general system maintenance requirements for improved uptime
The PCEC panel solution provides a standard PCE controller and a factory coordinated fault contactor on a common mounting plate for ease of installation. The PCE controller utilizes software optimized for the elevator industry along with a built-in selectable Class 10, 15 and 20 overload relay and SCR bypass to control all three phases. The pre-wired control harness (3 ft / ~1m flying leads) is supplied to simplify wiring into current installations while the mounting plate holes are the same as many standard Wye-Delta electro-mechanical starter panels. To insure start up performance both the PCE controller and PCEC panel assembly are factory tested before shipping.