Rotary Cam Switches
Series R-Line 40 Amp Switches
For Most Control & Load Applications
Sprecher + Schuh's rugged R-Line rotary cam switches are available for most control and load applications up to 40 amps. As with our smaller L2 Series switches, a well-thought-out ordering system provides many standard and nonstandard configurations that are often available "off the shelf."
A comprehensive line…
The R40 is available in panel mount and base mount for total flexibility. Many popular switching configurations are offered from stock.
Standard and Non-standard Configurations Available for Many Applications
R-Line control and load switches comply with the most important international standards for use as:
- Changeover switches: for switching between alternate electrical supplies
- ON/OFF switches: to connect and disconnect any electrical supply
- Multi-position load switches: for the step control of loads such as heaters and furnaces
- Motor load disconnect switches: for safely isolating circuits during repair and maintenance
- Reversing switches: to change the direction or rotation of a motor
- Wye-Delta switches: to manually control reduced voltage starting of a motor
The R-Line's sturdy design incorporates a positive switching action with a clearly defined switch position. The R40 is designed with a solid steel shaft that provides instantaneous operation of double-break silver alloy contacts, while powerful springs assure complete contact closure. The contact assemblies themselves are brass plated and have generous copper content to help dissipate heat.
International Standards and Approvals
All Sprecher + Schuh R-Line Rotary Cam Switches are UL-listed and CSA-approved. They also carry the CE mark.