D7 Pilot Devices
The economical solution for high performance control, signaling and switching applications
Sprecher + Schuh's rugged D7 pilot devices offer maximum flexibility and a wide choice for all applications. This 22mm line is aesthetically appealing and modularly designed to make assembly and interchangeability easy. The D7 operators are available in two different body styles to meet every application need. Both operators exhibit a low profile and stylish appearance while maintaining the rugged performance necessary for demanding environments.
Two operator types
D7P is a plastic operator with a captive black plastic front bezel. Constructed of high-grade thermoplastics the D7P is the corrosion resistant solution for harsh environments.
For super tough applications, the D7M has a die-cast zinc housing and mounting ring for rugged durability. Both are finished with corrosion resistant chrome plating. The D7M also features a captive shiny metal bezel for a polished appearance.
- Less Inventory, More Choices
Sprecher + Schuh offers D7 pushbuttons in a wide range of devices — from selector switches to multifunction pushbuttons. Their modular design keeps the number of required parts to a minimum, while offering multiple functions and a variety of style and color combinations.
Back-of-panel components can be combined with all front elements, making the D7 line extremely flexible. This approach reduces inventory, yet provides virtually any configuration you require.
- Quick, Easy Installation
A standard anti-rotation tab keeps front elements from turning or falling off the control panel, making it possible for one person to install all D7 components even if the front and rear panel are not accessible at the same time. A central mounting ring allows for quick installation and removal of all D7 operators. All back-of-panel components including contact blocks and power module elements snap-on and are readily accessible and interchangeable without removing the pilot device from the panel.
- Tool-less Mounting Latch
The D7 "tool-less" mounting latch mates the front element with the contact blocks and other back-of-panel components. The mounting latch is available in a plastic and metal design. The latches are easily installed with a "click" and removed by pushing a rotating collar to the right. Quick, reliable and strong, it's the best pilot device mounting latch available in the industry.
- Long Electrical and Mechanical Life
Most D7 operators have a mechanical life of ten million operations... five million contact blocks. Electrical life ranges from 500,000 cycles at 3A to ten million at 0.1A. The D7 line is also electronics-compatible with self-cleaning contacts.
- Environmental Ratings
Front elements, including pushbuttons, mushroom operators and selector switches, are rated IP 66 for protection against submersion, oil and dirt, making them reliable in the toughest industrial environments. Metal operators are Type 4/13 and Type 4/4X/13 for plastic operators.
- Additional Features and Options
- Heavy-Duty Ratings — The D7 line is UL 46E, NEMA A600 and Q600 listed. All components carry a 10 Amp continuous current rating, covering all industrial control needs.
- All Major Approvals — D7 front elements are UL Recognized, while all D7 assemblies are UL Approved. The line is also approved by every major international agency making them ideal for export requirements.
- Special Contact Blocks & Power Modules — Screwless terminals are available for latching and base mounted contacts blocks & latch mounted Integral LED modules. A latch-mounted, screw-type dual-circuit contact block is also available.
- H-Bridge & Gold Plated Contacts — By doubling the available paths for current to pass through the contacts, the standard H-bridge design provides a cleaner current flow. Gold plated contacts quadruple the current paths for increased contact reliability in low voltage applications.
- Molded Inscription Caps/Diffusers — Abrasion-proof inscription caps/diffusers are offered in a two-color molded design for most common inscription text and symbols used in the industry.
- Custom Printed Caps/Diffusers — Durable, long-lasting custom inscription caps/diffusers are offered in a wide variety of ISO symbols and text options and withstand repeated use in the harshest environments.
- Touch-Safe — Back of panel components are finger safe, with IP 20 protection.
- Long Lasting Integral LED Assemblies — Our LED lamps last up to 11 years! They are conveniently offered as a complete unit for all illuminated operators which include the one-piece Integral LED Module, including a universal 24V to 120V AC/DC unit. They come in three different colors: green, red and white. The white LED is for use in all amber, yellow, clear or blue lenses, reducing inventory needs.
- Full Line of Accessories and Enclosures — A variety of metal and plastic enclosures are available for any application. Replacement components, legend plates and convenient accessories are available from stock, including rings for adapting 30mm holes to fit the 22mm D7 line.
Contact your local distributor for more information on the extensive line of D7 pilot devices.
International Standards and Approvals
All Sprecher + Schuh pilot devices are UL-listed and carry the CE mark.